published on in News

5 Times Wendy Williams Made Her Talk Show Guests Feel Uncomfortable

Many know Laverne Cox as one of the stars of "Orange Is the New Black" and an openly transgender woman. As reported by The Advocate, while Cox was on Wendy Williams' show in 2014, she was asked to describe what being transgender was, to which she replied, "Transgender ... very basically means that the gender you identify as is different than the one you are assigned at birth. Very simple." Williams in her abrupt fashion then asked the actor, "You've got breast implants?" Cox refused to answer the question so as not to focus primarily on trans people having surgeries. "I don't talk about that, but I'm very happy with the situation," she stated.

The same year, Williams was blasted for an offensive remark about Caitlyn Jenner on her show, per The Wrap. While she initially praised the Olympic winner for being able to be herself, Williams then told the audience, "He at least waited for his kids to grow up, so he doesn't have to go to PTA meetings with a shaved Adam's apple, and a blowout, and pink nails, and a cigarette. You know what I'm saying?" The president of GLAAD, Sarah Kate Ellis, called Williams' comment "ludicrous."

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7r7XCpKCsr5mbwW%2BvzqZmamxoZ4V0hY6xZK2hnZrAbsPEp5uyZaeeua21wKaqZqWRmbJuwMClomarmKTEbrPUnqqtq12qu6S7zJ%2Bmq6yRl7mmew%3D%3D